Term 1: New points to know about health insurance cards 2018
- Do not record the expiry date
This is the content guided in Official Letter 3340 / BHXH-ST dated 08/08/2017 on the issuance of social insurance books (social insurance), health insurance cards (health insurance) according to the social insurance number.
Accordingly, from August 1, 2017, the term of using health insurance card: only print “Use value: from date … / … / ….” instead of writing the expiry date from , month, year to day, month, year as before.
Therefore, in order to know exactly the expiry date of your health insurance card, which day / month / year, people participating in health insurance will search online at the Vietnam Social Insurance Portal.
* Guidance on determining the expiry date of health insurance card in the new form:
Step 1: Access the search utility on the electronic portal of Vietnam Social Insurance at the web address: https://www.baohiemxahoi.gov.vn/tracuu/pages/tra-cuu-thoi-han -su-dung-the-bhyt.aspx
Step 2: Enter all the following required information:
– Card code: A sequence consisting of letters and numbers printed on the front of the card. Note, from August 1, 2017, Official Letter 3340 / BHXH-ST instructs health insurance cards to be issued under the new form, the card code will be started with the word “Code” instead of “number” as prescribed old design.
– Date / year of birth: You can choose to enter by date / month / year of birth or just enter the year of birth.
– Full name: enter Vietnamese accented
– Authentication code: enter the string shown in the box next to it
After entering, just click “Look up” the system will automatically produce the same result as the picture below:
The results of health insurance card lookup in addition to the expiry date of the card, also tell users how much their health insurance card is eligible for health insurance.
- Replace the word “Number:” printed on the health insurance card with the phrase “Code:”
- The last ten digits of the health insurance card code are the social insurance number
According to the new regulations in Decision 595 / QD-BHXH, for health insurance cards issued under the new form (data synchronization), the last 10 digits of the health insurance card are the social insurance number of participants.
So when looking up information, insured people can use the information on health insurance card to look up some information about their social insurance. This is one of the advantages for people under the new regulations.
- Benefits to participate in health insurance for 5 consecutive years
According to the Law on amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Health Insurance Law, from January 1, 2015, people have time to participate in health insurance for 5 consecutive years or more and have the same amount of money to pay medical expenses in the year. greater than 6 months’ basic salary, except for cases where self-medical care is not provided on the right route, 100% of medical examination and treatment costs will be paid.
Conditions to be paid 100% of hospital fees
– According to the Decree No. 105/2014 / ND-CP dated November 15, 2014 of the Government detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Health Insurance, the period of participation in health insurance for 5 consecutive years is calculated. from the time the person is enrolled in health insurance, it is time to go to medical examination and have the same amount of money to pay the accumulated KCB expenses in the year which is more than 6 months’ basic salary, from the time of participating in health insurance for 5 consecutive years, except for school If you choose to go to KCB on the wrong route yourself.
– Therefore, the insured must meet the following 2 conditions, be granted by the Social Insurance agency “Certificate of non-payment during the year” to go for medical examination for the next visits in the year:
Firstly: Have time to participate in health insurance for 5 consecutive years or more from the time he / she participated in health insurance until the time of medical examination and treatment;
Secondly: Having the same amount of money to pay for medical expenses in the year is more than 6 months’ basic salary from the time of participating in health insurance for 5 consecutive years, except for cases where self-medical examination is not conducted properly.
At the same time, those who are paying 5% or 20% of the health insurance costs will not have to pay this share of the payment.
* In principle, the subjects participating in health insurance for 5 or more consecutive years on the health insurance card will have the words “Time of full 5 consecutive years: from the date …”. However, for some cases that have participated in health insurance for 5 consecutive years or more but due to the process of participating in health insurance of subjects in many provinces, many units, many different target groups … but the system Data on health insurance contributions have not been centrally managed and there is no personal identification code, so it is difficult to determine the time of health insurance contribution of health insurance participants. For those who participate in health insurance for 5 consecutive years or more, but the health insurance card does not contain the words “Time of 5 consecutive years: from day …”, then go to the social insurance agency to carry out procedures to exchange health insurance cards.